Translate

Friday 31 August 2012

What Is A True Leader?

Leadership is the capacity to influence others through inspiration motivated by a passion, generate by a vision, produced by a conviction, ignited by a purpose.

Peter F. Drucker, one of our generation's foremost thinkers and authorities on the subject of #leadership and management, stated, "There may be "born leaders,' but there are surely far too few to depend on them. Leadership must be learned and can be learned..... '#leadership personality,' '#leadership style,' and '#leadership traits' do not exist."

Leadership Is More Than Influence

A popular definition of #leadership is that "#leadership is influence." In spite of the fact the #leadership does involve the component of influence, I believe that this is an incomplete description because it does not distinguish what kind of influence or the source or cause of that influence.

True Leadership Is Marked By Others' Willful Submission Of Their Authority To Yours.

There are many people, past and present, who have influenced others using threats and violence, but we don't call that true #leadership. We call it manipulation, oppression, or dictatorship. Nero, hitler, and Idi Amin were all influential. They exerted their wills over people, but they were not leaders in the true sense.

A Working Definition Of Leadership

True #leadership fundamentally requires the responsibility of taking follower into the exciting unknown and creating a new reality for them. For over thirty years, I have dedicated myself to the study of the subject of #leadership. After thousands of hours of study, research, and reading hundreds of books on the subject, I determined to craft my own comprehensive definition of #leadership as I have come to understand it. This definition incorporates the principal ingredients and components that I believe give birth to and sustain true #leadership and can be applied by anyone who desires to discover and release the hidden leader within. 

5 comments:

  1. You have taught me true leadership. I will live to serve my generation in life. Thank you sir! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good and amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've empowered me a lot Sir.
    I still remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very powerful God bless you sir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very amazing,it change my life

    ReplyDelete