Translate

Thursday 31 October 2013

What Is The Leadership Spirit?

In my #leadership lecture and seminars, which I share with governmental, educational, business, nonprofit, and religious organizations around the world, I usually begin with a statement that encapsulates my philosophy of #leadership: "Trapped within every follower is a hidden leader." I am always amused to watch the reaction on the faces of the audiences as they attempt to grapple with the implications of this statement. I can usually predict their first thought, which is often the question, "If every follower is a potential leaders, then who is going to follow?" This reaction is natural and legitimate in light of our traditional concepts and philosophy of #leadership, as they have been promoted over the centuries.

However, the above statement contains the essence of what the original philosophy of #leadership was intended to be. It is upon this premise that I propose the belief that #leadership is inherent in the human spirit of every person, but only a minute fraction of the human population ever knows, discovers, believes, or attempts to develop or release this hidden #leadership potential.

My awareness of this suppression of our #leadership gifting gave birth to the deep purpose in my heart, which has become the passion of my life: to help as many people as possible, of every nation, race, creed, or social status, to discover their true #leadership potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment